Take Action Now
If you wish to join the Akhuwat family there are many ways you can help. By lending your support, you too can become a valuable part of our Nonprofit Organization and help to strengthen our operations.
The operation of Akhuwat is a social contract. It is a promise made by the well-off towards the less fortunate. Here at Akhuwat we encourage everyone is encouraged to play their role in any way they can. Akhuwat is supported by a network of volunteers who contribute their services from time to time. We believe that an ideal social enterprise employs a mixture of volunteerism and necessary compensation and we preach the same principle to our employees. We encourage them to contribute to this brotherhood beyond what is dictated by their formal contract. By fostering a spirit of volunteerism, Akhuwat strives to mobilize all members of society to become an active member in poverty alleviation.
- Help in our mission.
- Help create social change in your spheres of power and influence.
- Build sustainability of work and increase diverse perspectives in the organization.
- Help raise money and stimulate interest of donors.
- Increase credibility, particularly in campaign work.
- Act as a catalyst to change the attitudes and beliefs in your communities.
Positions and Tasks
- E-activist volunteers – who take specific action (e.g. write a letter).
- Event volunteers – help organize a fundraiser, assist in tabling at an event)
- Office support volunteers – who assist staff directly with administration and programs in the office.
- Volunteer group members (community and campus-based) – who have a more ongoing role usually involving activities in fundraising, community education or campaigning; generally, such volunteers are self-managed, at most liaising with a staff member but not reporting to the staff.
- Project volunteers – who may participate in or coordinate working groups of volunteers (e.g. World Food Day planning committee),.
- Virtual volunteers – who work on specific tasks from a distance, e.g. web design.
- Specialist volunteers – who provide high level advice or services such as members of Policy Working Groups or the Leadership Council.
- Interns – who may work along the paid staff in offices as per vacancies, on a part-time or full-time basis as part of the formal agreement.
Volunteers are diverse in what they expect to receive in return of their contributions. We value every single volunteer and sustain the commitment of all volunteers. Here is how you can benefit from our volunteer program:
- Critical Thinking: by nourishing curiosity, building logical reasoning and problem solving skills and develop independent thinking.
- Respect: being responsive to emails and questions, open to new perspectives and cultural differences, and expressing disagreement in a courteous manner.
- Appreciation: by thanking the volunteers for their time, contributions and the difference they make to our work.
- Giving credit to the volunteers: wherever possible, organization can add a short sentence to brochures, newsletters, websites, documents and other products to which volunteers contribute.
- Issuing certificates of appreciation: for their extra efforts such as extra curriculum activities, time, contributions and the difference they make.
- Featuring online volunteers’ contributions: a great way of showing appreciation by publishing online volunteers’ stories on websites or in our newsletters and reports.
Help Us In This Journey
Our organization always appreciates generosity and involvement of people like you. With every contribution towards AKHUWAT makes us an even better Nonprofit Organization. We want to provide you with the appropriate information pertaining to your mode of support, so don’t hesitate to contact us with your questions.
- Instill Akhuwat’s values of brotherhood and volunteerism in the youth of Pakistan.
- Act as a platform for social cohesion.
- Help the youth gain a better understanding of the predicament facing Pakistan, and how it can be a compassionate and effective agent of change.
- Create Akhuwat Ambassadors.
During their time at AKHUWAT, interns get extensive exposure to the various facets of Akhuwat. Our volunteer program is a comprehensive social development training platform, combining field work, project development and research. If you share our commitment and passion, join the journey of hope and apply today.